Based in the heart of Texas, MINT Discs is a relatively newer disc golf brand that launched their first disc in 2017. Founded only two years before launching their first disc, the Alpha, MINT is on a mission to focus on growing the game in their local community.
If you're located around Austin, MINT frequently throws events, tournaments, and practices in the central Texas area, so keep an eye out on their social media channels for the latest updates.
MINT is knowns for using an extensive serial number system for their discs and artwork. These numbers represent the disc type, plastic, and run series to inform buyers precisely what they're getting.
Some popular MINT discs include:
- Jackalope (slightly understable fairway driver).
- Freetail (understable distance driver).
- Mustang (neutral midrange).
- Profit (straight/overstable putt and approach).
- Goat (overstable driver)
- Alpha (stable/overstable control driver)
- Bobcat (overstable mid range)
- Bullet (stable putter/approach disc)
- Lobster (understable midrange)
Their plastics feel great in the hand; they're molded by MVP, so you can expect great consistency and high quality. If you're curious about what their plastics feel like, here are the comparisons:
- Sublime plastic feels just like MVP's Plasma.
- Royal plastic is similar to Electron.
- Eternal plastic feels like Proton.
- Apex plastic is almost identical to Neutron.
Hall of Famer Des Reading joined MINT as a sponsored pro in early 2022. As part of their expansion (and their first significant sponsorship), they wanted a pro that loves the game as much as they do.
Des has been battling hip issues but recently had a hip replacement and is planning for a packed touring schedule in 2022.
Despite their limited lineup, MINT has been super well received and has a strong, loyal following. MINT will be dropping more discs this year, so stay tuned!