Discraft Hades Review
The Hades is a workable maximum-distance driver for players learning to throw high-speed discs. If you have about 300 feet of power, the Hades will produce effortless flex lines with a flat release, and a bit of flip when thrown on hyzer. This popular driver is in stock now, and this Discraft Hades review will help determine which Hades for sale is right for you.
Discraft Hades Plastics
- Big Z: A stiff, slick, translucent, and highly durable blend. This plastic can take a beating and still maintain its original flight numbers.
- ESP: Solid durability but with a softer and slightly more flexible hand feel. Easier to grip than Big Z, and will break in a bit faster.
- Swirly ESP: Also referred to as the "Tour Series" blend, this is simply ESP with a swirl pattern added.
Discraft Hades Flight Numbers
- Speed: 12
- Glide: 6
- Turn: -3
- Fade: 2
With a lot of turn and maximum glide, the Hades is built for easy hyzer-flips and long panning turnovers. It will be fast and neutral flyer for beginners, but they shouldn't expect to get the same massive glide and extreme turn that advanced arms will access.
Those with average to above-average power will see maximum distance immediately out of the box, either by hyzer-flipping to flat or ripping high anhyzers. You shouldn't have to muscle up on it; instead, just make a smooth throw and let the disc do the work. The Hades has a reliable fade when it's given enough height to fly through the extended turn and glide phases.
Discraft Hades Dimensions
- Diameter: 21.0cm
- Height: 1.6cm
- Rim Depth: 1.1cm
- Rim Width: 2.3cm
The Hades has the wide, yet shallow rim common amongst understable distance drivers. Players with smaller hands will have no trouble getting their fingers up under the rim, though the 2.3 cm width will affect overall control and accuracy. Some runs of the Hades have a domed top, but there has been some variance in the shape.
Discraft Hades History
Discraft released the Hades as part of Paul McBeth's signature line in 2020. It is the most beginner-friendly option in the 6-time World Champion's special collection and has been a popular choice for casual players since its debut.
Skill Level Recommendations
The Hades is a potential centerpiece of the bag for beginners and intermediates, while it serves a more niche role for advanced and pro-level players.
- Novice: Solid choice for a beginner's first distance driver. Will fly stable to overstable for novices. As snap and speed improve, players will start to see more turn and glide.
- Intermediate: Potential workhorse in the distance driver category. Provides reliable distance while teaching players to throw controlled hyzer-flips and turnovers. Will be neutral to slightly understable for intermediates.
- Advanced: Easy hyzer-flips and turnovers with minimal effort. Not the most reliable option for pure hyzers, forced flexes, or windy conditions. A complimentary disc in the maximum distance category.
- Pro: Maximum distance option on wide-open fairways. Will ride strong tailwinds and climb steep hills. Possible roller option after it absorbs some damage.