Innova Toro Review
The Toro is a very overstable midrange that will always fight back to a hard hyzer finish, regardless of release angle. It's ultra-reliable flight characteristics make it an excellent utility/scramble disc, as well as one of the best wind-fighters in the Innova lineup. This Innova Toro review covers this slow and predictable disc in stock and for sale.
Innova Toro Plastics
- Star: A durable yet flexible premium blend with a nice grip.
- Champion: Stiff, slick, and opaque blend that has maximum durability.
Innova Toro Flight Numbers
- Speed: 4
- Glide: 2
- Turn: 1
- Fade: 3
The Toro is very overstable, and is one of only three Innova discs with a +1 turn rating (along with old-school molds the Whippet and the Viper). Where most discs either hold the line of release or turn to the anhyzer side, the Toro immediately pulls towards a hyzer angle and will continually increase that angle, leading to the low glide and heavy fade ratings.
Only the most powerful arms will get much distance from the Toro. This is a "utility" midrange, like a slower equivalent of the Firebird or XCaliber. As such it is best for spikey hyzers, forced flexes, and battling strong headwinds.
- Diameter: 21.2cm
- Height: 1.7cm
- Rim Depth: 1.4cm
- Rim Width: 1.3cm
With a flat top, a beadless rim, and a very low profile, the Toro's shallow yet beefy hand feel is built for comfort in the forehand grip. It just naturally slides into the hand, allowing for a smooth and confident release.
When it debuted in 2021, the Toro filled one of the only gaps left in Innova's extensive lineup: the super overstable midrange. It is often referred to as a clone of Discraft's popular Zone, as both are beadless and have very low profiles.
Skill Level Recommendations
- Novice: Much too overstable for beginners.
- Intermediate: Utility midrange for scramble shots.
- Advanced: Ultra-reliable overstable approach disc that is ideal for forehand-dominant players.
- Pro: Top pro Calvin Heimburg has a signature series Toro, which fills the overstable utility midrange slot in his bag.