The Innova Invictus is an overstable utility driver built for power arms. Compared to other Innova discs, it is best described as a faster Firebird or a beefier Thunderbird. This is one of the most reliable and predictable drivers we have in stock, and the following Innova Invictus review will help you decide which Invictus for sale is right for you.
- Overstable distance driver
- Excels in windy conditions
- Reliable for precise hyzer throws
- Torque-resistant for consistent forehands
- Available in multiple Innova plastics
Innova Invictus Review
The Innova Invictus, regardless of its plastic version, stands true to its Latin roots: unconquered, indeed! It's a 10-speed overstable driver that adds an unwavering promise of consistency and reliability to your disc golf game.
The Invictus is a surprising disc, showing off its strengths when the wind picks up or when your play calls for a high-precision, long-range forehand shots. Its high stability gives it real dependability in the wind and the capacity to handle a hard throw, making it an excellent choice for the seasoned or advanced player.
Don't let this disc fool you though; its flight numbers may not suggest it, but the Invictus has a spectacular ability to handle torque like a champion. And its potential doesn't stop there! The Invictus is excellent for those distinct shots where you need reliable and predictable fade. Whether you throw flat or give it a big hyzer, the Invictus will not disappoint with its dependable finish.
In a nutshell? The Innova Invictus is an incredible addition to your bag if you're seeking a workhorse driver that can survive wind, play the long game, and give a fair deal of predictability. Every round with the Invictus in your arsenal is a game that you walk into with an edge.
Innova Invictus Plastics
- Star: This stiff yet flexible premium blend has great durability and a grippy hand feel.
- G Star: Very gummy and flexible blend with outstanding grip in wet conditions. Discs generally fly more understable in this plastic.
- Champion: Stiff, slick, and opaque blend that has maximum durability. Discs will maintain their original flight characteristics for years in this plastic.
Innova Invictus Flight Numbers
- Speed: 10
- Glide: 4
- Turn: 0
- Fade: 3
The Invictus profiles as a souped-up version of Innova's iconic overstable driver, the Firebird. The Invictus has more speed and distance potential yet retains excellent high-speed torque resistance and an ultra-reliable hyzer fade. It performs best for power forehands, spike hyzers, and forced flex lines. It is also a great option in windy conditions.
- Diameter: 21.2cm
- Height: 1.5cm
- Rim Depth: 1.2cm
- Rim Width: 2.1cm
The Invictus' wide pointed edge fits very comfortably in the forehand grip. The rim shapes up perfectly for low hard skip shots and towering hyzers that tombstone into the ground. Many online reviews note that the bottom of the rim is sharp, causing discomfort for some players.
Released in 2020, the Invictus slots in between a Firebird and an XCaliber in Innova's overstable driver lineup. Several discs have been rotated through this spot over the years, as the Monster, Max, and TeeRex have all been popular options at one time or another. Time will tell if the Invictus has staying power.
Skill Level Recommendations
- Novice: Beginners will develop bad habits trying to control the Invictus.
- Intermediate: Overstable utility disc that will pull to the hyzer side immediately out of the hand. Best for forced flexes, extreme hyzers, and overhand throws.
- Advanced: Potential workhorse driver for forehand players. The Invictus will be more workable at this skill level, allowing for more versatility than the typical overstable driver.
- Pro: Before he left Innova for Dynamic Discs, Ricky Wysocki trusted his signature Invictus for power forehands. This is an "in-between" disc for elite players, who usually opt for the more overstable Firebird or faster XCaliber.